Tuesday, 12 February 2013

Hi ho Silver!

It was more than 25 years ago but the memory comes flooding back in all its horror. It was deepest night outside a not-very-well-attended party given by my school friend PD. I was caught between GD and the paddock gate. We were smoking marijuana cigarettes and sipping on booze from the supermarket. In truth G resembled her brother and, if I told you what P resembled, well you would probably never eat horse meat again. I don't remember what we were talking about, probably The Cure's new record or something like that, but I looked at G and then to the horse in the field, and from horse to girl and girl to horse when I was taken by a frightening thought. And so I bolted back into the haus where I managed to drink sufficiently quickly that I soon passed out. And that's the true story of how I nearly became co-opted by the horse nation.

No comments:

Post a Comment